Sunday, March 9, 2008

A whole lot of nothing going on

Dear Diary,

I'm sorry to have been so neglectful. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I've been a little pre-occupied with a new toy. I finally got an iPod. I've been clammoring for the ability to download podcasts from various ministries and such - like Cornerstone, Focus on the Family, Family Life Today, etc. And it IS nice to download the music to it that the boys are singing in their new children's choir - so they can practice memorizing songs while they wait for doctor appointments and such. Multi-tasking is the name of the game when you're a homeschooler. Never enough time in a day!!

Couple that with the fact that I've always wanted a PDA (even though I never really NEEDED one - I think I've mentioned before I'm all about the gadgets) ...... and when I stumbled upon the iPod Touch, I knew I had to have it. So, now my address book, calendar dates (into 2009) and a bunch of well loved songs are right in the palm of my hand. Ahhhh, I'm in love. Now RV wants one. As do both boys. The boys can share mine. RV deserves his own, though - so he can listen to podcasts driving down life's highways. Slowly but surely, we're crawling into the 21st century.

Basketball finished up on Saturday with an awards ceremony after their last game of the season. The boys wanted to sign up for baseball this spring, but registration is closed (registration started in December! we've never done baseball before, so I was clueless).

This week will be chocked-full, with 2 orthodontist appointments, piano, sewing, children's choir, regular dental checkups & cleanings for both boys, Jeremy Camp/Toby Mac concert (it will be the boys first big Christian concert experience - I must remember to bring the earplugs), Father/Son Co-op on Saturday, a couples date with 3 other couples on Saturday night (to the Melting Pot - yum, can't wait!) ...... and any other things that come up at the last minute in the next 6 days.

Yikes, tomorrow is supposed to start bright & early so I can get some school under our belts before all the dr. appts. start up ..... and it's already almost 1:00 am!! Sigh!

Just wanted to let you know what was happening, and get that "clean plate" out of here.

Oh - and as I was out and about tonight, getting Easter shirts for the boys before the pickings get too slim, I noticed diesel (now that RV has a diesel pickup truck after all these years) is $3.89/gallon! Oh, the things that make you go "grrrrrr!" ....... especially when he's only getting about 10 MPG!!!!!!!!!!! What gives?! With Ford's new engine this year, he gets 12 mpg on a good day, 10 mpg if he's towing. 'Course we didn't know THAT when we bought it - as they don't advertise MPG's on diesel's.

But at least Pop Up will look good for Easter. God didn't give me a girl, so He gave me him instead. He loves for things to match and has had impeccible taste all his life. He's always our "go to" guy for fashion advice. Whenever we need to decide between "this and that" we ask him and he's ALWAYS right. That little guy is a total fashion mongrel - he LOVES to dress up for special occasions and would wear a shirt and tie every week to church if he had his druthers. So, he insisted on a shirt/tie in every spring color that Kohl's carried. I don't think I can tolerate his pink, yellow and almost neon-green shirts in the middle of summer (because I need the colors to match up with the seasons - just another of my many Monk-like qualities). He was drooling over all the gorgeous ties in the men's department (oh, and they WERE gorgeous!) longing for the day when he'll be big & tall enough to wear them. He will have some serious tie collection one day, that boy will.

Travel Trailer on the other hand will wear anything I put in front of him. And when he's older, I'm sure he could care less if he even owns ONE tie. Those 2 boys couldn't be any more opposite if their lives depended on it. Cracks me up. They really did come from the same gene pool ;-)

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

What a wonderful post to bring me up to date! Have fun with all your new toys! :)