Speaking of "the sophistication of females" ... haha! ... (see yesterday's blog)
I just sent this to a few of my homeschool email loops and thought I'd post it here too. It was a GREAT radio broadcast, and I presume the whole week will be fantastic!! I just listened to 3/26 and am listening to 3/25 now.
I recently had a conversation with a mother of boys who was lamenting the fact that the Christian community has largely ignored boys and their purity (there's lots of stuff out there for girls)!
I just listened to today's Family Life Today broadcast. IT WAS EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!! So fantastic!! They are discussing aggressive girls all week, and giving tips on how to help your SONS maintain their purity. I missed yesterday's broadcast, but plan on listening now. And will definitely tune in all week long! GREAT STUFF!!!
click here: http://www.familylife.com/
you can listen directly on their website or download to an iPod
3/26 BROADCAST: Training & Educating Your Sons in Dealing with (sexually) Aggressive Girls
When? Beginning in elementary school! The radio broadcast gave examples of (sexually)aggressive girls/children in 5th grade!
6 assumptions in training & educating your sons in how to handle aggressive girls:
1. Young boys are clueless - when do you start preparing them? Elementary school! Teach them to make wise & not foolish choices.
2. Aggressive girls will likely occur in your son's life. You will likely not know about it because teenage boys don't talk about it.
3. As a parent, you need a pro-active plan.
4. That plan will involve fathers/sons and mothers/sons.
5. Your teaching & call to accountability with your sons doesn't end with the adolescent years. It continues into adulthood and possibly even after they are married. Why? Because women still prey upon married men.
6. Ultimately the call to a young man is to step up and become a noble, moral, spiritual, Godly man.
Proverbs 24:5 - a wise man is mightier than a strong man ..... a man of knowledge is more powerful than a strong man
Read Proverbs chapters 5-7 with your boys. "The Message" version is particularly effective for these passages.
Tune in & enjoy!
Interestingly, this was on my "verse of the day" sidebar today:
Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV)
What's up.
12 years ago








1 comment:
Thanks! I'll need to check that out!
We started working our way through Proverbs at the beginning of the school year. Beware the adultress is a common theme, and we've had lots of conversations about this subject as a result. It's not always the easiest thing to talk about with younger kids, but it is certainly valuable, and I've been amazed at what they've been able to grasp without getting into unnecessary detail!
Post a Comment