Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Piano (and sewing and choir) interrupted

As we were running out the door for piano this morning, Pop Up started saying he didn't feel well. I thought perhaps he was faking it and just didn't want to go to piano. Figured it was one of those cases where, apples don't fall far, since when I was a girl, I used to hide in the neighbor's yard before school in the morning to avoid my before-school piano lessons in the school's music department.

As luck would have it, I was wrong. He sat down on her bench and then ran for the bathroom to throw up. He later said in the car "I tried not to make a mess all over her beautiful piano, because I know how expensive those things are. Ridiculously expensive." And I quote.

He said he was feeling better so we managed to get through Travel Trailer's 2nd orthodontist appointment of the week. Still insisting he was all better, and figuring maybe it was something he ate, we headed 25 min. down the road to sewing, when he felt wave number two coming on. So we turned around and headed home.

Well, that took care of nearly 1/2 our weekly "to do" list, since Wednesday is our very full, busy day. I suppose I can also scratch children's choir off for tonight.

I hope he's feeling better tomorrow so our $150 worth of Jeremy Camp/Toby Mac concert tickets aren't for naught. Or at the very least, come up with a "plan B" for the little redhead.

Right now he's plopped on the couch with a blanket, watching How Mount Rushmore Was Made on Modern Marvels. He just might learn something today, afterall. He's paused the show a couple of times, commenting on this or that, and how he would like to visit it one day in our camper. I told him that has always been on the "master gameplan" - along with Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, the Creation Museum, and all those fascinating sights out west, like the California Redwoods. I just hope diesel isn't $10/gallon by then.

Prayers appreciated for a speedy recovery :-)

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Don't forget all those fabulous Mid-West sites like yours truly! :)

I hope that he's feeling better and that nobody else gets sick. It would be a shame to miss the concert!

Do you have Drive Through History? We have a bunch stored on our DVR, and they're awesome!