Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shorter Days ~ Bring 'Em On!!

I LOVE that the days are getting shorter. I know, I'm weird!

I also know that part of today's behavioral problems were due to sleep depravation. The kids have been getting to bed WAY later than usual (pushing 11:00 most nights) - with last week's Fair, whatever was going on the week before that, 2 weeks of vacation, and whatever was going on before THAT ....

Last night they got to bed after 10:00. That's late for my guys "usual" routine ~ we usually aim for 8:30-9:00. So, tonight they were in bed at 8:45 (and it's DARK out! yahooie!!!). Do you know how hard it is to get kids to bed when its still daylight?

I don't know how many minutes of daylight we're losing per day now, but I'm totally loving it! Sorry for all you daylight lovers.

And when it gets dark by 5:00 near Christmas, and I can turn on the candles in my windows for 6 hours (or 7, 8, 9 hours - depending on when I go to bed in the wee hours) .... then I'm in heaven!

Hoping 2 boys that I know wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow!

No comments: