OH. MY. WORD. I can't EVEN believe I'm blogging about this, but since I'd rather blog than clean, well, here I am. Actually, I'm hoping to shame myself into action. This is nasty stuff, y'all.
Below: This is our (potentially) lovely (ahem) schoolroom. Kids computer desk is in front of the big window. Usually the shades are drawn, to prevent the distraction of ultra exciting things like trash trucks going by. When we first moved in, it was the excitement of the dump trucks and excavators zipping down the road that kept them from looking down at their desks.
Below: This is my desk with windows behind it. I usually keep my shades drawn too ... I guess ADD runs in the family. Actually, I wisely got top-down/bottom-up shades, so I can lower the shades from the top and let the light in without any of us sitting there all day with our chin in our hands & elbows on the desk. Shoot - this just reminded me that I never fixed the curtains after the painters came back through for our punch list items. Guess it's one of those things that I just walk past and don't even notice anymore. Will fix that in time for our "after" shots.
Below: These windows face the front of our house ... the 8 shaped things above the whiteboard are from LAST September! Oh me, oh my. They are from the homeschool convention where we heard Dianne Craft's awesome seminars about boys & their brains & learning & fattening up their cortex with fish oil. Shame on me. I've forgotten all of her stuff - and it was SO insanely good. I need a refresher course at
http://www.diannecraft.org/. The tall bookshelf on right has our history & geography materials.
Below: These are the shelves behind Pop Up's desk that house all of our science & math goodies. Under the window is the shelf where all of our library books are SUPPOSED to be.
Below: My desk with grammar, creative writing, Latin, some Bible and music stuff on the shelves behind it.
Below: Closer inspection of my desk. Oh, and just FYI, this is NOT the desk where I am currently seated -- all this stuff ran little ole me right out of MY desk and I have now taken over a spare desk in RV's office. When I worked full time I often had piles of stuff (not this bad) but I knew EXACTLY what was in them and could put my hand on EXACTLY what I needed in a nanosecond. Mmmm, it's not quite like that anymore. I'm older - maybe my reflexes are slower??
Below: Oh heavens!!! I actually had NO idea this little corner was THIS bad. Jeepers, what exactly were those kids doing when I was recuperating in bed for a week, post-surgery?? Goodness, they're not 3 & 4 anymore. This is just so wrong. LOL!

June? June!!? Really??? (gulp!) Well, I did have surgery in June and then July was a blur with our trip to Maine and Canada.

Well, June's over and it's (past) time to flip the calendar to August, boys. You know what that means!! Back to school!! I can never think of that without the old Staples commercial running through my head with Christmas music "It's the most wonderful time of the year ........." - the dad is dancing through the aisles and the kids are tripping over their pouty lips.
There. Now that I have thoroughly embarassed myself, it's time to dig out the shovels (and trash bags!) and get to work in here. My motivation will be to come back here and post presentable pictures. Oh - well, if that's all it takes well then maybe I should post a "before" picture of me and hope that I'll embarass myself into losing some weight so I can post a nice, beautiful "after" picture. Bahahaha. Oh, I tickle myself. Sorry - not gonna happen!
So, off we go to tackle this mess of a room and restore it to some kind of order. If you don't hear from me for several days, send in the cadaver dogs.
Update: Mercy. After looking at these pictures I needed some Zoloft. Actually, I don't really know what that is. Is it anti-depressant medication? (I don't have any). So I had to go in there and take a picture of one thing of beauty. May I present to you my favorite thing in the whole room? My red ceiling fan ........

After we moved into the house, we were at Lowe's looking at ceiling fans. I fell in love with this red beauty but was lamenting the fact that I had nowhere to put it. My very wise (at the time 7 year old) son suggested the schoolroom. Well, duh! I did have a
red/white/
blue Americana theme going on in our old schoolroom. I guess it's just a good thing that gravity prevents anything else from jumping up there and cluttering up my 1 thing of beauty, or else I'm pretty sure we all know what this picture would look like. Ok, back to the trenches I go ........
No comments:
Post a Comment