I got a call from a friend who used Tapestry of Grace last year and shared some of her experience with it. She said it's good stuff, but might be more intense than what I'm looking for right now (thank you Jenny for your trusted advice!!). Maybe I'll re-visit it in a few years?
So, now I'm looking at Truthquest. I think that will be a better fit this year with our learning styles. Until we get a tad more maturity under our belts. You know ..... boys!
And I think I might go with their American History (the boys would totally love learning about that and we could go on some really cool nearby camping adventures to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Gettysburg, Philadelphia!). 'Cuz I'm all about road-schooling and hands-on, real-life learning.
Perhaps I'll supplement it with a Christian world overview on ancient history via The Mystery of History.
Today the postman should be bringing me: Jr. Analytical Grammar, Teaching Textbooks Math and I know there was something else I ordered .... so I'll push off the 1st day of school until NEXT Monday. Well, that - AND the schoolroom isn't quite up to par just yet.
Since RV is working late again, this afternoon/evening perhaps we'll go to another nearby county fair for a Tractor Pull, then tomorrow the boys have swimming evaluations for that once/week Friday swim class I mentioned before, and then on this Friday, we'll be at a Communicators for Christ 1-day public speaking class. We went last year and it was absolutely PHENOMENAL!
So ... even if I go back and forth as far as history curriculum ... at least one day they'll be able to speak in front of an audience AND swim ... that's the anti-me because I can't do either :-( Yep. Life skills. That's what I'm talking 'bout. Now watch them grow up to be history professors just because they're like that.
What's up.
12 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment