Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lysa T. is so influential, isn't she?

Oh, that Lysa TerKeurst ..... she's just so influential, isn't she? I read her blog every morning and after seeing this on Friday:

http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2008/08/food-glorious-food.html

... when we shopped at "AFAR" on Sunday, I found myself needing to buy this:

They look like little oven mits, don't they?
Although, TT who thinks he's eating gourmet when he gets a corndog instead of a hot dog, loved them .... and PUp, my exotic foods loving guy pouted and cried over having to eat it. What? He LOVES anything from the sea. Salmon, lobster, tuna steak, squid (blech!), octopus (blech again!) and even crayfish (at the risk of repeating myself - blech!) don't stand a chance when he's around ... he just doesn't like whitefish he says. Oh well. He can eat it again and again until he learns to like it. Shhhh, don't tell him that half the pack went in the freezer. Try, try again worked with roast beef sandwiches from Roy Rogers. I couldn't begin to guess the amount of times we bought him a plain bun because he wouldn't eat the meat. Now he finishes one whole sandwich and asks for another. And eats the meat that falls off of ours.
What goes with fish, anyway? It's a new one around here for us, and since the fish only took 10 minutes to bake, we had to whip up mashed potatoes and veggies real quick. But it just doesn't seem like they really go together. I guess maybe they do. I dunno? The salmon next to the tilapia in "AFAR's" fish case might make it to our table next. So tell me what you serve with your fish?

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

My RSS feed hasn't been updating, so I'm behind. :(
I like rice with fish, Rice Pilaf or Wild Rice (Uncle Ben's). And green beans or sugar snap peas.

We don't have fish very often, but I really enjoy it. Yours looks yummy!