Monday, December 15, 2008

Best. Vacation. Ever!! ... part 1

Very (very!!) rarely, does something as highly anticipated as our Reunion Cruise, live up to the expectations. I am so happy to report that it did NOT disappoint! Let me re-iterate .... expectations were sky HIGH!

I think quite possibly it was one of the BEST weeks of my entire life. No kidding. It was, dare I say, perfect!

The best part was being reunited with friends who have been part of our life for 23 years, through thick and through thin. We don't really have friends like that anymore (not to detract from our current friends in any way). We grew up with these people (see post below) and it was just like coming home. Even though we hadn't seen some of them in 10 years or more, we picked up like it was yesterday. Our current friends now are more centered around kids, etc .... but these older friends know US (the real us) - pre kids.

It truly was a little bit of heaven on earth.

There were 20 of us who sailed the Disney Magic ....... every day was jam-packed. Either with activities on the boat ---- Bingo, Pictionary, after-dinner-broadway-type shows, tea party with Alice & Mad Hatter, building a gingerbread house, comedy & magic shows, movies, brunch at Palo's, sitting poolside, just vegging out on deck 4, playing Yahtzee or cards ---- or days when we left the boat to explore a new land. 7 days just wasn't enough!

We set sail to the Western Caribbean -- with port calls in Key West and Cozumel, where we toured some Mayan ruins, although I thought the Mayan ruins in Belize on a prior cruise were more impressive. We were supposed to dock in Grand Cayman but the seas were too rough that day and the port authorities closed the port, since we would have had to tender in (take a smaller boat from the big ship to the land). We'll just have to hit it next time.

In fact, we all had such a tremendous vacation -- even those without kids! -- that we ALL re-booked for another rendezvous in 2010! 700-ish days to go. I can hardly wait!

I'll write more later but for now, need to go pick up the Pup Tent from his vacation at the kennel. We just got back in town this morning at 3:30 am.

2 comments:

ohhollyf said...

Glad you had such a blast !

EEEEMommy said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! There is something about those friends who have known you as you and not as wife, mother, ______,...