My boys took a sewing class last year (which they LOVED) and because I can barely sew a button back on, I hired them to make 9 Disney Christmas stockings for us (hence, the Pictionary team name: The Stocking Stuffers).
The boys and I spent 1.5 years shopping at Joanne Fabrics, searching for just the right Disney fabric for each family, I hired someone to embroider them with the Disney font, then we hung the stockings with care, by each stateroom door. Each stocking had different fabric: Ted/Theresa = Pooh toille; Rob/Leslie & boys = Cars theme; Craig/Judy = various Disney icons; Dale/Lori = another Disney fabric with green/yellow/pink swirly Mickey heads; Doris = Tinkerbell; Peggy = Nemo themed fabric, Randolph = blue ocean Mickey theme; us = Mickey, Donald & Goofy with surfboards.
I also spent 1.5 years shopping for Disney stocking stuffers. I knew I had married the perfect man when he didn't even bat an eye about having to buy a big, new suitcase - dedicated solely to bringing our stocking stuffers on board.
Every morning the boys eagerly helped me stuff the stockings with: Disney pens & pencils, Disney notebooks & whiteboards, paint-by-number Disney Christmas art, Disney playing cards, Disney lip gloss & nail polish, Disney post-it-notes, Disney dominoes ....... and MORE (believe it or not!).
I had someone design a "Look Who's Cruising the Disney Magic" 8x11 magnet listing all of our names and the dates of the cruise. Rob/Leslie also had a personalized magnet with Cinderella, their wedding date and "Celebrating 15 years of magic" .... likewise, Dale/Lori had one on their stateroom door with "Celebrating 5 years of magic", that I had someone design for me.
Finding our block of rooms in an otherwise white, blah hallway of at least 100 other staterooms was a cinch! I didn't quite realize just how much it added to the whole feel of things, until the last night when we had to remove them. Blah!
We had several passerbys comment on how fabulous the stockings were and they couldn't believe it when I told them my 9 & 11 year old boys made them. I even had one person say that she'd pay them to make one for her family (she gave me her email addy to contact when we get home).
Fun, fun, fun stuff!!!!!!!!!!








1 comment:
You speak my language! How FUN and Fabulous!!! :)
Post a Comment