Thursday, February 14, 2008

I LOVE getting back on track!

I LOVE getting back on track! LOVE. Get it? It's Valentine's Day, so I'm incorporating the theme into everything today, just to amuse myself.

This morning we were up and out early. Had to pick up books on hold at the library. So I took us out to a not-so-heart-healthy breakfast at McDonalds on the way. It's been months since we've done that.

We've been running in 1,000 different directions since Thanksgiving. But on this day of all things LOVE (you're not sick of the theme already are you?) I'm determined to get us back on track of the "LOVE of learning". So I think I'll use my blog for awhile to make myself accountable.

Today we will LOVE:
1. reading books we just got at the library
2. the challenge of seeing how many subjects we can tackle and complete
3. organizing the schoolroom to make the task easier
4. the opportunity and blessing of learning at home
5. getting a handle on the overwhelming mounds of laundry (stretching this love thing a bit, ya think!) while we are here for a few more hours

Then we will LOVE:
1. grabbing a few books on CD as we dash for the car
2. getting a long overdue hair cut
4. might as well make a Starbucks run while we're out - I LOVE me some caramel latte!
4. having dinner with friends at Fuddruckers
5. Upward Basketball practice

Tomorrow the boys will LOVE getting together with their father/son co-op after school and going to an indoor rock climbing facility (I'll post pictures soon!) followed by pizza, while I will LOVE some peace & quiet. ;-) Although, I'm supposed to use my quiet time to organize more of the school room, create a long-overdue chore chart & come up with a schedule that will help us finish the year on time - just you nevermind the fact that "on time" for us will be September before the new school year starts (oh stink!) but that's ok - we take off alot of time throughout the year for various trips and such - plus, what better to do when it's 100 degrees out in the dead of summer than lounge around the a/c learning a thing or two? They'd have to climb Mt. Everest in order for them to be gone long enough for me to accomplish all my tasks tomorrow evening. Come to think of it, Mt. Everest is exactly what I'll feel like I'm tackling here at home. Overwhelmed much?

Well, the boys are finished with their handwriting, Travel Trailer has moved on to practicing the piano (he's so not feeling the LOVE there!) and I better go see what else we can check off our "to do" list.

Have a LOVEly day! Not to worry - only 12 more hours of this love nonsense ;-)

P.S. -- edited to add -- even the kids are getting in on it. Travel Trailer, after finishing his piano practice ran in with his little Whitman's Valentine's box of candies and said "which one of these LOVELY pieces of chocolate should I have?" haha! He fell for that little bribe hook-line-and-sinker. Wonder what I can bribe him with tomorrow, to get his piano done? Oh yes - Mt. Everest!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

I LOVE this post! You're such a kindred spirit. I hope your alone time is very productive! I need to revamp my schedule to get us through our remaining material too.