Sunday, February 17, 2008

A couple of sinners

We've been out all day and just walked in the door at 6:30 pm. Travel Trailer (age 11) ran to the TV to turn on the Daytona 500. I asked him how much time was left and he said "46 laps. Hopefully that will be enough time for at least 1 crash. (slight pause) Thank you for not saying I'm sinful!" LOL!

Yesterday we had lunch with friends after basketball. Travel Trailer was telling one of the girls he was looking forward to the race and that he thinks its pretty exciting when the cars crash. She exclaimed in horror "Why, Travel Trailer! You are a sinful boy!"

I suppose he gets it earnestly. I once dated a guy who took me to an ice hockey game on our 1st date. On the way there, I excitedly exclaimed "oh, I really hope we see a fight or two!" He thought that was the funniest thing ever. He didn't expect that out of me & we ended up dating for 2 years. I guess his standards weren't as high as Travel Trailer's 11 year old friend. haha!

Yep, we're a couple of sinners, my son and I!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

The names are very clever; I like them! Don't know what it is about fights and crashes, but without them it's so boring! Yep, I'm a sinner too! ;)