Saturday, February 28, 2009

Restaurant .com ~ I triple heart you!

Restaurant.com is having an 80% off sale (thru midnight tonite). 80% off code: DINE

Run, do not walk !

I bought several $25 gift certificates there for $2 (at 80% off their reg. price of $10)

Tried a new pizzeria tonight in a neighboring town. I feel like I robbed 'em blind ;-)

We spent a total of $14 and got:

large 2-topping pizza
two (2) foot-long steak & cheese subs
HUGE spaghetti dinner with salad & bread
3 sodas
---------------------
$37 total before discount
- ($25) restaurant.com certificate
$2 cost of $25 certificate
no tip as it was a self-serve pizzeria
---------------------
$14 total cost to us ...... for 2 tables FULL of food. We brought home a whole large pizza (minus 1 slice) and half of the spaghetti for another meal!!

I think they have restaurants nationwide that participate. It's a great way to try a new place. Tonight we had some of the better pizza & spaghetti we've had at joints like that - and we'd have never have gone if not for the $25 off dealie-o!!!!

And now I'm off to buy some more $2 certificates that have a $25 value!!!!! They don't expire for a year!! Most require that you spend a minimum of $35 - but even then, you're only spending $12 out of pocket (plus tip) total!!!

Thank you, restaurant.com !!!!!

If you miss out on this particular deal, no worries -- I think they often have 70% off deals!!!

I have several friends who use this site quite frequently - and am glad I finally started checking into it myself!!!

No comments: