My 9 year old has always been a DEEP thinker - even when he was 2 & 3 he'd ask things about the Lord that I'm sure some 60 year olds have never thought to ponder. And has always had such grown-up ideas & worries.
A few minutes ago, as he was playing with Legos - waiting for his turn at the piano before we head out to his brother's orthodontist appointment, he looked up and said:
Him: “Mom, I just don’t know how I’m going to be able to handle it when I’m at your funeral.”
Me: “oh, I’m sure the Lord will give you the grace to handle it.”
Him: “Yeah. But every day it’s getting closer, you know.”
Ack! I sure hope he doesn’t know something I don’t know! He often makes comments about not knowing how he’ll live without me. I hope we don’t have to find out for a long, long time!
He also often worries about being the only one left in the family and being lonely .... 'cuz he says his brother is older and will probably die first. I tell him that hopefully by that time, he'll have a wife and kids to comfort him -- but it still bothers him. He has such a sweet, tender little heart! Although sometimes you'd never know it by his outward actions. I pray that his heart will always stay tender to the things of the Lord!
What's up.
12 years ago








1 comment:
He is so precious!! Reminds a lot of my 2nd...same tender heart - a very funny too! I love the way they think, but I wish they didn't concern themselves with "adult-sized" issues yet. Joanie
Post a Comment