Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's about to get a whole lot harder

Sigh! I was excited about my High Fructose Corn Syrup elimination ..... have even lost about 5 lbs. in the past 3-4 weeks. That was easy.

Now comes the hard part.

The doctor said yesterday that he wants me to eliminate gluten from my diet for 6 months - and then he says I'll feel so good, I'll never turn back. He said he thinks it will fix almost everything that ails me. A list, which is increasingly growing. I guess I will feel better, if the only think I'll be eating is fruits & veggies. Let's just hope he doesn't make me go dairy-free, too. Ugh.

I already bought "Gluten Free for Dummies" and "Glutten Free Cooking for Dummies" at amazon.com.

Don't you love the Lord's sense of humor? :-( Arrrgh. Guess He showed me. I wouldn't willingly cook relatively easy stuff when I had the chance, so it's about to get a whole lot harder.

And at the homeschool convention we're going to next month, I'll be one of those weird moms in line, waiting to buy a machine to grind my own NON wheat flour. I guess RV will be hauling those 25 lb. drums of grain to the van. And then I'll be baking bread, I suppose. Hello www.breadbeckers.com! Yep, the Lord is pretty funny alright. Hear me laughing? That's good, cuz I was crying earlier!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, c'mon it really won't be so bad....just think of how great you will feel when you are done (remember, 28 days to break the habit). You will LOVE homemade bread - it is really so good for you! I might even see you on that line at breadbeckers - we were so tempted to do it last year but just didn't have the funds available. I think this year might work! Joanie

EEEEMommy said...

Wow! I'm sorry! That is going to be a challenge. Good thing you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength! I'll be praying for you!