Friday's colonoscopy went well. She removed some tissue and I'll get the results in 2 weeks. They wheeled me into the operating room at 10:30 and at 11:30 we were in the parking lot, headed home! Talk about FAST!!!
It really was a piece of cake - except for the prep on Thursday. Can't some brilliant scientist invent something better for that? Ugh! Drinking that stuff makes me want to throw up. I think I'll send Pop Up to medical school and have him invent something people will appreciate, like an easy to swallow pill. Either that, or he could open a restaurant full of gluten-free foods. He talks often about being a chef. I hear several gluten-free restaurants in NYC are thriving! I even read that one man (after having Celiac for 10 years) went in, ordered a gluten-free pizza & beer and cried 'cuz he thought he'd never have either again.
I have an appointment Thursday with another doctor for a 2nd opinion. I might cancel that, as I was able to get an appt. next month (on my birthday!) with a doctor that got rave reviews from a poll of my homeschooling group.
They said yesterday that I have diverticulosis. I think I might ask to be tested for celiac disease.
I'm just ready for all this to be over, to get a diagnosis, and start living a normal life again!
I know one thing - fiber HAS to become more and more part of our family's diet! This is ridiculous! LOL! For dinner tonite, we had hot dogs on the grill (no bun for me), baked beans, corn, tomatoes & spinach.
Now lunch was a whole other story -- we had to go an hour away to pick up a rental car for RV (his truck is in the shop and they provide a free rental). So, after he picked up the rental, I followed him and he pulled into Macaroni Grill for lunch. I got out of the car and said "what are you trying to do? torture me?!". He said "I thought you found their gluten-free menu online?" But still! Men! Hasn't he heard of baby steps?? My favorite foods on the planet are pasta & bread. Let me get used to this new way of living first, please, before you expect me to have a will of steel! As I could have predicted, dumb me couldn't resist their bread. I paid dearly all the way home. I'm reminding myself more and more of my mother-in-law. She's lived this way (torturing herself) for 40 years. Wonder if I'll ever learn?! I sure hope so 'cuz this is the pits!
What's up.
12 years ago








1 comment:
I'd struggle a ton if I had to give up gluten myself, so I can imagine how difficult a trip to Macaroni Grill would be, and I don't think I would have been able to resist the bread either.
I'm continuing to pray for you! Hang in there.
Post a Comment