Friday, November 6, 2009

Christmas Photos 2009 ... DONE

Yeay. I can check something off my "to do" list! You know there are only 48 more days until Christmas, don't you!?

There was a time when I NEVER wanted to get a family photo taken because ... well, it's A LOT of work! Especially with 2 infants! Not to mention, fighting with my hair, figuring out everyone's coordinated wardrobe, and so on.

Then I stumbled upon an "ah ha" moment! Decided to eliminate one stressor and get the family photo done on the same evening as my "November haircut".

Well, the kids are older ... and I'm here to report that there are just as many stressors now as when they were 1 & 2 years old!

Today was a DAY! Horrible from the minute I woke up. There were issues and more issues and then a few more issues!

But the infamous Family Christmas Photo is DONE! I've had better and I've had worse. Not thrilled with my hair. Wish the final product had a different background and background color. Wish we were positioned differently in the final product (rather than our shirts being: print, print, solid, solid, I'd have preferred: solid, print, solid, print so it doesn't look so lopsided).

At least it will be a constant reminder that we're not perfect! :-p

I wanted to start writing our Christmas letter tonight, but I sat here for an hour - completely uninspired. Nothing creative is coming to me. I think it's going to be hard to top last year's letter, where I went through the alphabet, A-to-Z listing events that happened throughout the year. That was fun. And would you believe, almost everybody said afterward "I didn't realize you were doing the alphabet thing until I was on letter T or so!"

Writing our Christmas letter is one of my very favorite things. I almost think about it all year long. But this year ... I'm blank. I'm beginning to wonder if blogging & Facebook has used up all my written words for the year?! Kind of like when RV comes home from work and has already used up all his alotted words for the day.

Grrrrr ... on both counts!!

2 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

We haven't gotten a professional family picture done in years. I don't even remember the last one. Oh wait, yes I do. That was the year we lost Evangeline and didn't even know she was missing. So..5 years ago.

Your Christmas letter is always one of my most favorites! Reading the first one we received after we moved to Indiana was what convinced me that you really ought to have a blog! I hope you get inspired soon, because I'll be disappointed if you don't! ;)

ohhollyf said...

when do we get a glimpse of the portrait ?