Monday, January 19, 2009

1-19-91
(I liked the date!)


18 years ago today, I married my best friend! And we were best friends for 5 years before we even had our first date ;-) Yep, we go all the way back to the summer of 1985!

During that 5 years of being "just friends", I dated other guys, but he kept on waiting & waiting .... then just about the time I figured he might not be such a bad guy afterall, he decided he might want to check out some missionary girls in Venezuela ..... and so it went, back and forth. When Harry Met Sally ain't got nuthin' on us! Finally, we got our act together. Our pastor's wife told me during my decision-making process "he'll treat you like a queen!" ... and she was right!

I love this picture ... had a decent hair day, despite my hairdresser standing me up! ... can you believe it? who stands their client up on their wedding day? ... but every time I see it, I wish there was some color in my bouquet! What was I thinking?!?

And despite the fact that I'm on my 3rd set of wedding rings ... hey, my taste keeps changing! ... the man, he's a definite KEEPER!

How will we celebrate today? By joint doctor's appointments ... we've both been sick all weekend! But despite that ....

Happiness really IS being married to your best friend!

3 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

I agree, happiness is being married to your best friend! :)
Happy Anniversary! :) Love you both!

EEEEMommy said...

P.S. Get better!

Anonymous said...

hey lady!! I know you :)
very cute blog. How many moms in LCHE are bloggers, too, I wonder..

Have a blessed SNOW DAY!!