Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun Times at the County Fair

Yee Haw!

While waiting for the Demolition Derby to start, Pop Up decided that he'd enter the corn-on-the-cob eating competition for ages 12-under:

Carefully removing each silk. He has VERY discriminating taste, you know:
The emcee even commented on his strategy (eating & spinning the ear in a circular motion vs. the typical plow-thru-the-row-like-an-old-fashioned-typewriter (ding!) method:

He was ecstatic with his free appetizer and free bottle of water that he scored ~ we didn't have time for dinner beforehand and didn't want to lose our seats while waiting for Dad to meet us there after work. He IS pretty crafty (see today's earlier post):
He said "I didn't win, but I sure had fun!!!" and declared his intent to enter every year. He said he's been training for it all his life, since I'm *always* telling him to slow down and chew his food. LOL! He does have an excellent point there.

Please just don't tell him about Friday's pie-eating-contest - that sounds WAY messier!!!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Training his whole life, huh? He's too funny! I think the messy pie contest could produce some awesome photos. ;)